Tuesday 23 February 2010

Psycho!

It's been years since I last watched this brilliant film, and even though I obviously knew the twist at the end, it didn't take away from the tension at all; in fact it almost made it worse, as you knew what was coming!
Norman Bates has to be the creepiest motel owner in the world - I haven't seen the remake, but can't imagine anyone else playing the part with such detached madness...that look he gives the audience at the end....*shudder*!

Looking forward to tomorrow's talk...

1 comment:

  1. Am I the only one who feels sorry for Norman? I think his performance is so nuanced and quick-silver - moving fluidly from handsome matinee idol, to gawky, shy 'boy next door', to utter nut job! And I think Janet Leigh is just so beautiful - did you know she's Jamie Lee Curtis's mother? (yes - she of Halloween!).

    ReplyDelete